Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Next Hair Stick, and other stuff

As promised, here is the next hair stick, the one I showed in progress in the last post. Meet Charlotte (I'll explain the name thing in a minute). I had some time to myself yesterday, so after posting the photos of my toolbox and trimmings, I sat down and got to work. And this is the result. =) The stick itself is made from one of the pieces of wood my grandfather sent me. Unfortunately he didn't tell me what the woods were so I'm at a loss as to what it is.. =S But it's so gorgeous. The crosshatch design is something I figured I'd try and it ended up coming out very nicely. As for the topper, they're beads I've had in my collection for a while but haven't had time to do anything with. But now that school's over... that changed fast. Lol. The focal bead is Venetian glass, Light Aqua with gold foil (if I remember correctly). The center bead is a Lt. Sapphire Swarovski round. Here's a close up.

Unfortunately, Charlotte isn't on the 'for sale' list. When I ordered this particular batch of beads, I fell in love with the Venetian glass focal bead.. I just can't bring myself to part with it. Lol. The next one will be for sale, I swear. And there will be more designs featuring Venetian glass in the future. =)

As for the name thing. My previous naming system for my sticks was... unusual to say the least. Lol. And the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. So I figured.. since every stick (or pair of sticks) will be unique and special... they should each have their own special names. So that's exactly what I'm doing.

I also made up my own background image for the blog. Yarn, hair sticks and beads! =D Ya can't beat that fun mix! They're all photos taken by me of my actual yarn, beads, and hair stick's I have finished (including Charlotte!). The drawing portion of the layout will go in the header/nameplate. But I'll save that for another time. No time to do it tonight. Gotta be at work tomorrow, which means I gotta be asleep soon.

Speaking of which, I had my first day at my internship today!! Yay!!!! It was great! (well for the part of it I was actually at the museum) Most of the day I was working from home (on supervisor's orders!) and looking for stuff she'd told me to do some research on. Then after getting lunch with my wonderful boyfriend (^_^) I went to the museum to get the quick run down of the tour of the house. It's an old historical home, which I *love*. Historical homes are the best kind! I could walk through them all day. The lady that showed me around was really nice. And very helpful. I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

Well anyway, guess it's bed time for moi.

3 comments:

  1. oooh i love how sweet & demure it is! That lovely blue bauble is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! definitely onto a winner there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woods are beautiful as are the beaded embellishments. Now I wish I had long thick hair again.
    Check me off as one of your new followers, I'm sure this lovely new blog will be seeing many more followers very quickly.

    ReplyDelete